Wyoming Finance

Sep 7 2018

Veterans – Work and Income, work for veterans.#Work #for #veterans


A guide to what you can get if you are New Zealand veteran. You may be entitled to special benefits or pensions in recognition of your service.

Important information

There are special pensions and assistance available only to veterans.

What you can get

When you reach 65, you can get a Veteran’s Pension if you’ve served in any war or other emergency in which New Zealand forces have served. There are advantages to getting a Veteran’s Pension instead of New Zealand Superannuation.

If you’re a veteran you may be able to get help for costs such as gardening, lawn mowing, medical alarms and extra heating. Veterans’ Affairs offer a number of special allowances and grants for you and your relatives such as gallantry awards, hearing aid grants, clothing and medical cost allowances.

The Veteran SuperGold card gives you discounts on some goods and services. If you receive a Veteran s Pension in your own right, you automatically receive a Veteran SuperGold Card that includes Community Services Card entitlement.

You may be able to get this pension if you have a disability caused by a war or other emergency in which you served.

We may be able to help you with travel and/or accommodation costs if you need to go to an Artificial Limb Centre.

Payments, applying, other income, overseas war pensions, accident insurance, what to bring.

Help if your spouse, partner, parent or child is a veteran

If you re a relative of a veteran you may be able to get pensions, special allowances and grants.

You may be able to get this pension if your spouse or partner died from service-related disabilities.

There are a number of special allowances and grants for veterans and their relatives.

Other financial help

You may be able to receive other financial help, for example, if:

  • you need help supporting children and families
  • you re in financial hardship
  • you re disabled or ill.

Veteran’s Affairs

Veteran under 65

If you have a disability as a result of a service related injury or illness, you may qualify for Weekly Income Compensation from Veterans Affairs.

Veterans’ Affairs administer Disablement and Surviving Spouse Pensions. They also deliver services to veterans and act as their advocates on a wide range of issues relating to veterans’ entitlements, care and recognition.

Work for veteransContact us

Contact us if you:

  • would like assistance
  • aren t sure if you can get assistance
  • are struggling to support yourself or your family
  • would like more information.

Written by admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *