Need to buy or exchange foreign currencies? You’ll get competitive rates and a choice of ways to send or receive your money at ASB Foreign Exchange.
Click, collect, relax
Travelling to China?
Order your Chinese Yuan before you fly.
Heading overseas soon?
Order foreign cash online and tick one more thing off the to-do list.
Great reasons to choose us
- Get competitive exchange rates and fees from one of New Zealand’s biggest banks
- Use the ASB Mobile app or FastNet Classic internet banking to arrange easy pick up of foreign cash and cheques from any ASB branch usually available within 5 working days
- Send an international money transfer from your ASB account using FastNet Classic or FastNet Business (with the international module).
- Get instant access to a range of currencies at any ASB branch nationwide
- Transfer money easily between your ASB account and Foreign Currency Account with FastNet Classic internet banking and the ASB Mobile app
- Hold your foreign currency in a dedicated account until you are ready to convert it to New Zealand dollars.
How can we help you?
Short trip overseas
Taking a holiday or travelling for business? Going overseas is easier when you can order currencies online, and pick up your money at a local ASB branch.
Planning your big OE
Taking some time out for an overseas experience or to work abroad? There are many easy ways to take the currencies you need with you.
Making and receiving overseas payments
Timing is important when it comes to exchanging your money. We have options that make it easy for you to convert to and from New Zealand dollars, and receive and make payments when it suits you.
Visiting New Zealand
Whether you’re planning a visit or are already here, we’ve got a network of branches throughout the country that will convert your currency to New Zealand dollars at competitive rates.
Managing foreign exchange risk
Need to manage a range of currencies? With anywhere, anytime online access and a network of ASB branches across New Zealand, we can help you to get the timing right to exchange your money.
Relocating to New Zealand
Starting a new life in New Zealand? ASB is one of the country’s largest banks and provides almost every banking service you’ll need to keep managing your money both here and overseas.
Have an ASB Foreign Currency Account?
If you have an ASB Foreign Currency Account you can log in to FastNet Classic internet banking and select ‘Transfers’ to obtain a quote applicable to the amount of your foreign exchange transaction.
If you need help, please call the Global Markets team on 0800 806 280 or +64 9 302 3055.