Executive PhD Program in Management
PhD Information Event
Personal counseling, presentations, experience exchange between students and professors
Friday, September 29, 2017, 5pm 8pm at the Management Center Innsbruck
The “Executive PhD Program in Management” jointly offered by the University of Antwerp. the Antwerp Management School and the Management Center Innsbruck is a four-year, part-time research-based program. It provides the perfect fit for senior executives who have been seeking for high-level DBA programs.
This international Executive PhD Program aims at applying state-of-the-art knowledge and relevant research skills to contemporary business problems. As a premium executive development program, designed to be academically rigorous and intellectually challenging, it closes the gap between traditional PhD and professional DBA programs.
The Executive PhD program will be delivered at the Antwerp Management School as well as at the Management Center Innsbruck campuses.
After successfully defending the doctoral dissertation (after 4 years), participants will be rewarded with the PhD degree (PhD in Management or PhD in Social Sciences, depending on the supervising faculty) conferred by the University of Antwerp.
The degree is officially recognized in accordance with 88 para 1a of the 2002 Austrian law governing universities (notification process in accordance with 27 para. 6 HS-QSG successfully accomplished). Degree holders are entitled to use their doctoral degree in official documents.
The program in short:
Executives and senior business professionals who want to
- achieve a highly distinguished academic degree,
- combine their work experience with high-level academic research,
- learn from and collaborate with renowned universities,
- establish or strengthen links with the academic sector,
- pursue a career at the interface of academia and business,
- further develop their research skills and methods,
- broaden and deepen their intellectual capabilities.
- MBA, Master s level or equivalent university degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant managerial experience
- Demonstration of academic and professional progression
- Pre-selected field of research which should show high potential for business and management research.
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic and one business)
- Successful completion of the intake procedure
- Supervisor and doctoral committee
- Peer support through the cohort of PhD students
- PhD circles and workshops, conferences, doctoral colloquia
- Integration into the research groups at the participating universities
- Blended learning environment
- 4 years
- 11 on-site three-day seminars (5 in Antwerp, 6 in Innsbruck)
- Intense supervision process by two scholars
- 1st year EUR 18,000; 2nd year EUR 18,000; 3rd year EUR 12,000; 4th year EUR 12,000
- Quality assurance through the UAntwerp and the Antwerp Management School
- Didactical concept and definition of content and requirements through the UAntwerp and Antwerp Management School
- Inspired by current business problems
- Based on critical literature review, contribution to management research and empirical research
- Public defense of the thesis before a committee of internal and external examiners
at the UAntwerp
Contact us for more information about the Executive PhD Program.
Mag. Susanne E. Herzog
Program Director Executive PhD
+43 512 2070 – 2100
FH-Prof. PD Dr. Bernd Ebersberger
Academic Director Executive PhD
+43 512 2070 – 1810