Email marketing ROI Calculator
How high should your Email Marketing ROI be? Quickly find your own Email Marketing Return on Investment with our easy calculator. And play with the numbers to see how changes in your results directly impact your ROI and conversions.
How to use the email marketing ROI calculator
Here is a quick explanation on how to calculate your email marketing ROI with our email ROI tool. And some background to the numbers shown.
1. Select the type of Email marketing ROI calculation; it can be per period (month, year) or per email campaign. This makes it a bit easier, because you can use the email marketing statistics you have readily available. You can also use the “email campaign” type to calculate the marketing ROI of multiple email marketing campaigns at once by filling in the totals.
2. Change your currency if it is not default.
3. Enter your email volume. The email volume is the first part of calculating your own email marketing ROI statistics. Be sure that you enter the number of emails that were actually sent, so exclude any bounced email addresses.
4. Enter your open, click and conversion rates. These are the unique open, click and conversion rates.
On the right side, you will already see the total response statistics of your email marketing change as you adjust the sliders.
5. Enter the Net conversion value. This is the monetary value that an average conversion adds to your email campaign profit, also called contribution margin. So this would be the revenue product (purchase, sales, shipping) costs per conversion.
6. Enter the total costs. This is the last part of the email marketing ROI formula.The total costs are all costs that can be attributed to your email marketing campaigns. This about costs like: CRM systems, your Email tools and license fees. You can add external costs of for instance an online marketing agency, and don’t forget your Internal hours x hourly rate.
Your email marketing ROI: On the right side your results will be shown. The most important being: your total email marketing conversions, profit and email marketing ROI. The number of conversions to reach a break even point are also calculated. Are you below the break-even point, the ROMI and profits go red, meaning you are turning a loss after all the costs have been deducted from your email campaign.
Email marketing ROI
Email marketing has one of the highest return on investment of all online marketing channels. Calculating your email marketing ROI is a necessity if you want to know how your email marketing campaigns are doing and improve your email marketing results. We also need to do this quite often, so we created this easy to use and free email Marketing ROI calculator for you to use.
Measuring email marketing ROI doesn’t seem to be very different than any other form of marketing, but it is. By introducing the sliders we make it easier to see the impact of small changes in conversion on the levels of opens, clicks, and conversion percentage. Revenue is typically measured by the number of online (or offline) sales that came directly from the email marketing campaigns.