Wyoming Finance

Jun 15 2017

Bachelor – s Degree Admissions #bachelor #degree #in #education #requirements


Bachelor Admissions

If you are a new student who wishes to apply to Bellevue University, click the Apply Now button at the top of the page.

If you are an International student please see the following specific information: International Student Bachelor Admissions.

If you would like to speak to a counselor. click the Request Info button at the top of the page and one will contact you within one business day.

Continuing students – contact your assigned counselor or coach with questions.

All applicants for admission to Bellevue University are required to submit an Application for Admission accompanied by a one-time application fee of $50 for undergraduate programs.

Applicants also must meet the following admission requirements:

  • Submit official documentation of high school completion. Documentation can include the following:
    • Official high school transcript
    • GED certificate
    • Homeschool letter of completion and Attestation Form
    • Certificate demonstrating that the student has passed a state authorized examination recognized by the state in which it is awarded – equivalent to a high school diploma.
    • Self-certification method (applicants who have earned at least 9 postsecondary semester credit hours and have graduated from an approved high school). Please contact our Admission Counselors to see if you qualify.
  • An applicant transferring from another institution of higher education also must satisfy the following requirements:

    Applicants who submit an official transcript which reflects a two-year degree from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution are not required to show proof of high school completion.

    Transcripts must be submitted even though credit may not have been earned at previous institution or if transfer credit is not granted.

    Foreign Credential Evaluation Process

    All potential Bellevue University students with foreign academic documentation will need to have that documentation evaluated by World Education Services (WES) prior to being accepted and matriculated at Bellevue University. Students with foreign academic documents need to order course by course evaluations by WES.

    WES will verify institutional accreditation status and complete a course-by-course evaluation containing the following: a description of credentials, including name, year awarded, name of institution attended, and major of field of study. It also provides the U.S. equivalent for each credential and lists all post-secondary subjects with their corresponding value expressed in the terms of U.S. semester credit and grade equivalents.

    Those interested can order a WES evaluation/transcript at www.wes.org. Its website explains exactly what the student must provide and how much the student will be charged.

    Bellevue University understands the needs of today’s students by offering more degree paths to our well-respected, accredited degrees. You can earn your bachelor’s degree with our new way to learn 3 year accelerated degree plan, or with credit for previous class work you can complete your degree more quickly. Students can study on campus, at our satellite locations, or by taking online courses.

    Those interested can order a WES evaluation/transcript at www.wes.org. Its website explains exactly what the student must provide and how much the student will be charged.

  • Transfer in good standing from the last institution of higher education attended. No individual course will be accepted for transfer when it carries a grade below “C-.” Associate’s and bachelor’s degrees, however, are transferred in full.
    Note: To satisfy minimum residency degree requirements, transfer students must complete a minimum of 30 hours in-residence at Bellevue University, including at least 12 hours in upper-level courses in each of their major areas (except for Business Administration majors that require 21 upper-level hours, and Accounting majors that require 24 upper-level hours).
  • Students dismissed from another institution during the previous five years for academic or disciplinary reasons will be accepted for admission after one year has elapsed since dismissal from that institution. Dismissed students will be accepted only in academic probation status. On occasion, students may make special application to the appropriate college dean and the Dean of Academic Services/Dean of Students, respectively, for provisional admission before completion of the one-year suspension.
  • In all cases of transfer, the credit evaluation is completed by Student Records using guidelines set forward by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).

Quick Links

Contact Us

Written by admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *